Tacoma Bed Deck
This is the shopping list to start your DIY Bed deck, a how to will follow in a future post.
- 1/2 Birch Plywood deck
- L-Track (Aircraft track) tie down points
- Durabak 18 Marine textured deck paint (orange)
- re-enforced fridge plate w/side guards
- removable battery tray with straps to hold National Luna Portable power pack
- cut outs for Total Chaos bed stiffeners
- right side mounting of fridge and battery helps balance the factory design of the Tacoma!
- 1/2 inch birch plywood sheet (4’x8′) x1
- 1/4-20 x 1 1/4″ Bolts x10
- 1/4-20 T-Nuts x28
- 1/4-20 x 5/8 Countersunk machine screws x18 (for aircraft track)
- Aircraft track 48 Inches x1
- Aircraft track 18 Inches x1
- 1/4 lock washers
- 1/4 flat washers
- Durabak-18 x1 Gallon *Optional
- Primer x1 Qt *exterior use
- spray paint x2 *matching durabak
- Paint roller x2
- paint brush x2
- paint tray x2
- motorcycle straps x2
- National Luna Portable power pack kit
- 3/8-16 x2″ Bolts x4
- 3/8 lock washers
- 3/8 flat washers
- 3/8 t-nuts
- Rubber conveyer belt material to create spacers for deck mounting points.
*List does include materials for mounting ARB Air compressor case forward of power pack.
- Jig saw
- circular saw
- drill w/bits and drivers
- Orbital sander
- Wood clamps 4-6
- Router with radius edge and straight cut bits
- 3/8 ratchet and sockets (I cheated and used an impact driver!)
- T-55 Torx bit for bed bolts
- Saw horses and a workbench are a huge plus!